QMRA for affiliates with a focus on Germany
QMRA is available for your country! Below, you can find the specific QMRA code which our consultants use to conduct the compliance procedures:
The practices described below are specifically aimed at German online casino affiliates who focus on entering into partnerships with in Germany licensed gambling providers. The online casino affiliate is required to comply with all the points below.
1. Channelling objectives
- The affiliate shall not advertise or promote the offer of in Germany unlicensed operators.
- The affiliate shall not advertise bonusses, not have call-to-actions, not rate, and shall not directly link or show an URL of the website of unlicensed operators.
2. Responsible advertising
- The affiliate shall never aim their advertising activities at persons that have not reached the age of 18 and shall be mindful of the design of their marketing activities, as not to directly or indirectly target persons that have not reached the age of 18.
- The affiliate shall add an 18+ characteristic to every webpage of their website and to any marketing activities on social media. The characteristic shall be clearly identifiable and visible to the visitor.
- The affiliate shall not aversely influence excluded persons in a way that may convince or encourage them to start gambling, discourage them from self-exclusion or target them in any marketing activity targeted at advertising games of chance.
3. Careful and balanced design
- The affiliate shall not advertise gambling in uncertain or misleading terms and shall be clear about the nature, workings, prizes, risks and odds of a gambling offer.
- The affiliate shall not only use the words “casino” and “casino game” when advertising licensed online gambling providers.
- The affiliate shall not imply or state that the consumer may have a predominant influence on the outcome of a game of chance, or that the outcome may be influenced in any other way other than chance (with the exception of where this is possible such as poker and blackjack).
- The affiliate shall not use aggressive or coercive tactics to pressure visitors, such as using high-pressure sales tactics or showing advertising with a countdown.
- The affiliate shall not claim that gambling is risk free and will not downplay any fees or charges associated with gambling.
- The affiliate shall not encourage excessive or irresponsible gambling behavior.
- The affiliate shall not claim that gambling can serve as a remedy for financial of personal issues.
4. Contributing to responsible gaming
- The affiliate shall share information regarding the risks associated with gambling for money in German.
- The affiliate shall share information and the means to get help with gambling addiction. This information must be in available in German and must include:
- The German national support helpline for mental health;
- Parties that offer further assistance for a gambling addiction;
- Further information on gambling addiction as a whole;
- The possibility of self-exclusion and the German Gambling Authority.