QMRA for affiliates with a focus on Spain
QMRA is available for your country! Below, you can find the specific QMRA code which our consultants use to conduct the compliance procedures:
The practices described below are specifically aimed at online casino affiliates who focus on entering into partnerships with in Spain licensed gambling providers. The online casino affiliate is required to comply with all the points below.
1. Contributing to channelling objectives: illegal offer
- The affiliate shall not advertise unlicensed operators and their gambling offer.
- The affiliate shall ensure that their content does not lead consumers or facilitate them to play at unlicensed operators, nor shall the content imply or state that it is a ‘’good idea’’ to partake in the illegal offer. The affiliate shall handle content regarding unlicensed operators responsibly.
- The affiliate shall only carry out advertising activities for operators after ensuring that the operator has the relevant authorization to advertise. Content on operators without the appropriate authorization shall be handled the same way as that on unlicensed operators.
2. Responsible advertising
- The affiliate shall advertise in a responsible manner without elevating gambling in any way, shape or form. The content must not incite undesirable impressions or behaviour within the reader.
- The affiliate shall not target minors or attempt to aim their content solely on recruiting new customers for an operator.
- Advertising may not include experiences of the affiliate or of others.
- The affiliate shall include a ‘’Menores no’’ or ‘’18+’’ characteristic on the website and advertising activities.
3. Preventing deception
- The reader shall be informed in no uncertain terms off the nature of the services offered by operators.
- The affiliate shall not omit information or use false or deceptive statements and elements.
- All advertising must include the words ‘’publidad’’ or ‘’publi’’ to show that the content is an advertisement. Information on the operator and brands shall be disclosed in the advertisement.
- Comparing products shall only be done if the product is comparable.
4. Use and design of channels
- The affiliate shall primarily feature content on gambling. All advertising shall be contained in a separate section on the website, entirely removed from the main content on the website.
- The affiliate shall implement mechanisms to verify the age of visitors and prevent minors from reaching this part of the website.
- The reference to this separate section shall be neutral, informative and limited in size and lay-out.
- The affiliate shall only advertise on social media if age targeting tools are available and used, all age verification mechanisms of the platform are used, pop-up advertisements are blocked or hidden, advertisements are limited to existing followers and they may opt-out at any time, the main content is gambling, messages regarding safe gambling are regularly spread and SEO is only applied to terms directly linked to gambling.
5. Responsible gambling information
- The affiliate shall offer information on responsible gambling, excluded groups, recent studies and projects on safe gambling and tools to limit exposure to gambling. All information and tools shall be made available.
- Information and tools shall be given regarding self-exclusion, gambling prevention, institutions that help with an addiction, helplines and the possibility to exclude oneself entirely from advertising.
- The affiliate shall regularly spread this information as well as other information regarding safe and responsible gambling on its website and social media channels.